Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David Strachan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,180Gear list
Like?
RAF to Adobe DNG for easy processing
7 months ago

RAF files can be easily converted to Adobe RAW or DNG files using Adobe DNG Converter 8.4. The program converts the RAF files and leaves them in the same folder, for example, also keeps the original RAF files of course.

The DNG files can then be worked in many programs, one of the best is Adobe Camera Raw. This comes with my older Photoshop program CS4. In my case I work with Camera Raw 5.7. The program has great sliders and is an excellent editor for colour or B&W.

Here is the Adobe DNG Converter 8.4

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5739

All the time I've been trying to use other programs. I don't find included Silkypix too good, and PhotoNinja has it's quirks but it is quite good. I'd thought I could not process my RAF files in PS, unless I went to the latest Photoshop CC...but I can! I do prefer working in DNG as it will go straight to CS4 when I've finished the main editing in Camera Raw. And you can do all sorts of saved presets in Adobe Camera Raw as well, such as ColorChecker, save your own, etc.

It might be the answer to those having trouble processing their RAF files.

cheers Dave S

David Strachan's gear list:David Strachan's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Leica M8 Canon EOS 60D Fujifilm X-E1 +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow