Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
VadymA
Contributing MemberPosts: 859Gear list
Like?
Kids soccer (U6) - C&C please
4 months ago

So my younger kid just joined a U6 soccer club and I started shooting their practice and games. I am shooting with D300 (no battery grip) and AF-D 80-200 2.8 latest two-ring (games) and AF-D 35-70 2.8 (mostly practice). At the first game I was shooting JPEG but didn't like the limited recovery possibilities in post and switched back to RAW during second game. I am not in any photography club and don't know any good photographers personally so I though I would ask for feedback here. I would appreciate if some experienced photographers take a look at the samples below and let me know what you think I could improve. My objective is to produce nice crisp images with good separation from the background, good colours, in other words to get as close as possible to a "magazine cover" look. I understand that most magazine covers are shot with something like D4 which is in a totally different league than D300. In that case, could you please tell, in your opinion, to what extent I am utilizing D300 potential? Am I getting close to its limits in terms of "the look" I can get from it? Or can I do much better with my equipment than the samples below? Is it mostly my post-processing or shooting technique or both that could be improved? Highly appreciate any advice.

VadymA's gear list:VadymA's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +2 more
Nikon D300 Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow