A6000 vs. A77ii Continuous AF - Very confused

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
JamieTux
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,784Gear list
Like?
Re: A6000 vs. A77ii Continuous AF - Very confused
In reply to 123Mike, 4 months ago

123Mike wrote:

Mike - like normal, I'm glad you're happy with your decision and your kit - however the OP asked for an explanation of what's different about the A77II to make it double the price...  Paul gave a very objective good list and for some reason you appear to have taken it personally and tried to defend each point and turn it into a subjective one.
I'm not going to tit for tat your responses as there's no value to the discussion but the thing to remember is that not everyone has the same wants and needs as you.

The A6000 with 18-105 f/4 G lens is a great combination. The video is awesome on it. Very low light video capabilities, and you can set the aperture from wide open to like f/10+ and still retain continuous auto focus. For stills, the number of pdaf + cdaf auto focus points are very high and they're *all* over the frame. You can select wide area continuous focus mode which capture super high action very effectively. There are a bunch of other new things, that the A77ii may or may not have. Lock on AF with shutter for instance.

It does have that - plus better tracking from a user selected starting point (without the green box following) - it has more focus options than the A6000 - plus one of my most missed features - a dedicated front of body switch for changing focus type

The A77ii may be also a great camera, but it's not going to crush it by any means.

Where did ANYONE say that - or even anything negative about the A6000 at all?

JamieTux's gear list:JamieTux's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
f/8New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow