Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
james laubscher
Senior MemberPosts: 1,177
Like?
Flash colour compensation
4 months ago

I very recently bought a Nikon SB600 flash to use with a D5100. Early results are very encouraging for fill light usage where there is sufficient natural light to take a picture and I love the skin tones.

I have noticed though the following anomaly. I photographed a vase of flowers in indoor dim lighting (sunlight). The two types of flowers are a deep red, Cerise I think it is called, and a very dark purple.

In the flash image, the Cerise colour looks like a dark Salmon pink and the deep purple flowers are a distinct blue!

I've adjusted the WB setting in the camera from Auto to Flash and also played with the color balance in the raw image in camera but cannot get the image to show the colours I actually see.

Does anyone have any comments or ideas about how to get the correct colour reproduction with the flash?

-- hide signature --

jamesza

Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow