Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JohnLock
Regular MemberPosts: 327Gear list
Like?
Panasonic 8mm f3.5; Fun w/ Fish-Eyes
3 months ago

My first ever use of a fish eye lens, though I'm a long time photographer.  I was tempted to try and save money with a manual focus lens but now I'm glad I didn't.  I couldn't have focused some of the photos shown below w/ a manual focus lens due to eyesight issues.   I really needed an AF lens, and I sure like this one.  The 8mm Panasonic fish-eye is sharp, contrasty and not all that prone to flare-- especially considering it's extreme AOV.  And the AF is fast, accurate and quiet.  I think using this fish-eye is the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on.  All images were processed in Paint Shop Pro X6-- including de-fishing where needed.  I suppose I've made all the mistakes a beginning 'fish user could so I'm open to C&C.

Please click on and open the image for best sharpness.   Thanks.  John

All beginning 'fishers must do this?

A 40-50% crop from previous image.

Sunset Bay St. Park, Oregon Coast

Considerable PP work done to de-fish and open up foreground.

Similar to above.

This is why it's called Sunset Bay St. Pk.

As above.

JohnLock's gear list:JohnLock's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +8 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow