Hiking/travel tripod: Sirui ET1204 or T-1205X; or Gitzo GT1542T, GT1544T, or GK1580TQ4?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TravelLight
Regular MemberPosts: 185
Like?
Hiking/travel tripod: Sirui ET1204 or T-1205X; or Gitzo GT1542T, GT1544T, or GK1580TQ4?
6 months ago

I am in the market for a lightweight but sturdy travel/hiking tripod mostly for landscape work (specifically, long exposure or other conditions where handheld will cause blurring). After exhaustive research, I've narrowed things down to the following due to a combination of factors/features:

• Sirui ET1204
  • Sirui T-1205X
  • Gitzo GT1542T
  • Gitzo GT1544T
  • Gitzo GK1580TQ4

Has anyone used any of the above? If so, could you share your experience? Their online reviews are all glowing so it's a bit overwhelming. Since some of these are body only (without tripod head), if you have specific recommendations on heads that go with the bodies, please share. I want a lightweight small ballhead (nothing fancy) that doesn't significantly add to the size/weight of the tripod, while at the same time is not exorbitantly expensive. I am using X-T1 with 55-200mm as the heaviest lens but interested in the supertele in the future. Currently have an older Manfotto tripod that just cannot safely support the weight combination anymore. Thanks.

Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow