Thinking to get a mirrorless camera!?!?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
PenPix
Senior MemberPosts: 1,052
Like?
Re: Thinking to get a mirrorless camera!?!?
In reply to Ed B, 6 months ago

Ed B wrote:

AlbertInFrance wrote:

mahfuz161 wrote:

I think mirror less camera my be not best for traveling. without mirror a camera is not looking wonder.

I can't work out what the second half of that means, but there is nothing wrong with mirrorless cameras for travelling.

I use my Fuji X-E1 for pretty well all my photography. For example, last year in Thailand I shot (in no particular order) ants, elephants, temples, boat trips, street markets, water lillies and a rowdy evening in an Irish pub.

-- hide signature --

Albert
Every photograph is an abstraction from reality.
Most people are more interested in the picture than the image.

Albert, I agree with you.

I think some people get "mirrorless" confused with compact cameras. Some people here have mentioned X-10 & X-20 which are both nice cameras, but don't fall into the mirrorless category.

I have the X-20 and the X-E1, and the X-20 is a way more convenient camera to carry.  However, it does suffer quite a bit at night at high ISO.  The X-E1 is superior in ISO, but I have to carry an extra lens to cover the same zoom range (and a little more) as the X-20.  Regardless, the X-20 goes with me more often.

The Olympus falls between the two and I think it's a great compromise for size and quality.  Although the body is roughly same size as the X-E1, the m3/4 lenses are more compact.

I bought the X-E1 because I often shoot at ISO1600.  I do wish for the size of the Olympus system though.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow