Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dgolden
Junior MemberPosts: 33Gear list
Like?
My First Day with a D3200
5 months ago

Well to say that I had fun was an understatement!  I've still got a ton to learn with this camera but shot off a good 430 shots today just messing with settings and getting to know the range.  I went out with the 55-200VR and only switched once to the kit lens when I wanted to walk back through and get some comparison shots.

I forgot how good it felt to get out there and tear up some memory card!  I was very impressed with the battery still showed all of the little bars full after I was done and transferring files to my computer.

Please feel free to add any comments or suggestions.  I'll add what I think after each one.

This guy was at the bottom of my steps to my apartment, a good 20 or so feet away.  I did crop it 100% to this size.  Not sure but I think it would have looked better if he was in full sun.

I was really impressed with the ability to focus with this camera.  I would have never gotten this with my old camera.  I know with this picture my main issue is the green plant in the foreground by the wing.  I did get plenty of shots of this guy, but this was the best body shot I got of him.

While the color of the dragonfly doesn't really yell out, I really like how this shot came together.  These guys were a good distance away and I tried the flash for fun sake and really didn't see any color improvement.

For some reason I just really like this shot.

Any idea how I can make it a bit more sharper focus when I'm at the 200mm on the VR II?  I know that I had my aperture a little off on this one, would that have caused the softness?  I do like how the cormorant looks like it's yelling at the baby wood stork and the baby is yelling back though

I've never, ever been able to get a spider web in a semi decent focus.   When I zoomed it in a bit I could note a bit of shake/glare.  Any tips on how to improve this?

For some reason this photo just tickles me.

Feel free to leave me comments or suggestions, just don't be too harsh it is after-all my first day

If anyone can suggest a good free photoblog site please let me know!  I was looking at Flickr is it safe/good/ok to start that or is there a better site?

Dgolden's gear list:Dgolden's gear list
Nikon D3200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon D3200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow