43 (50 f/2) vs. u43 (60 2.8) macrophotography...moving on?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CalNature
Regular MemberPosts: 288
Like?
43 (50 f/2) vs. u43 (60 2.8) macrophotography...moving on?
5 months ago

Hi All,

For years I have been shooting macro with my E5, 50 f/2, Sigma 105 plus the ring light and the twin lights run by the controller. I have been quite happy with the setup...but I need to slim down. I have already bought into the EM-1 and EM-5 u 4/3 system. I will keep my SHG lenses as they work fairly well on the EM-1. Well, that is still a lot of gear to transport, even for a spry 64-year old. So I am thinking of selling the above gear and getting the micro 4/3 60 2.8 macro with the LED lights. I know that I will gain lightness of being, which would allow this new gear to fit into my small backpack alongside my EM-1s plus SHG lenses.

The question is: what would I be giving up.

I would greatly appreciate any advice, recommendations or experiences.

My photographic needs and interests have changed over the years...I don't anticipate adding too many more to the thousands of California wildflower photos which I already have, but other closeup opportunities will certainly be part of the plan.

Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow