Need digital camera silent shutter for stage pictures (zoom a must)

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kris10m
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Need digital camera silent shutter for stage pictures (zoom a must)
7 months ago

HELP!
I have missed too many good shots of my kids the last few years! (See that blur? That one's mine).

High school graduation and a lot of "lasts" coming next year. Need a good camera that will take pictures indoors and out (graduation in the stadium, choir, band & orchestra in the auditorium). Will need a good zoom (super zoom?)

My daughter is a pianist and I can't use a camera that makes a shutter sound during concerts, so a DSLR is out. (Some programs have actually stated "no 'snap' photography) Seriously took a Nikon D3300 to her last concert and took one picture. CLLLIICK! (Oops.) :/

Need a fast capture & display so I'll know if I need another shot! Would love to be able to take still photos while videotaping, too.

Liked the looks of the Nikon P600, but it seems to be slow to capture & show up on the screen. Canon SX50 felt wimpy (really, I have to raise the flash myself?) I like WIFI capability, but it's not a deal breaker (and the Nikon ap was a total dud.) Have a Panasonic Lumix point & shoot, but the zoom is only 8x.. not enough.

I am a TOTAL amateur (so obvious, right?), but want quality pictures. Would be willing to spend up to $800, but would prefer to keep it under $500.

So, basically I need a magic camera.

Advice? Thank you in advance!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P600 Nikon D3300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow