SPP @ 2X

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 18,637Gear list
Like?
Re: SPP @ 2X
In reply to dmaclau, 7 months ago

dmaclau wrote:

I had always thought that SPP had some "secret sauce" for saving images at 2X. Something on another post though made me wonder. Does anyone know how they save at 2x resolution? Is it the same process or processes as other resizing software?

In theory you would think it could possibly be better, by doing some sharpening after resize or using an algorithm tailored to X3F data...

But in previous tests, it didn't seem much different than bicubic sharper.

And that in turn, is not really much better than letting a printer (or printing service) upscale an image.

If you are super-serious about upscaling I'd get one of the recommended upscaling applications like Perfect Resize, or others mentioned on the forum... I forget which one everyone liked a lot.

Of note is that Rick was doing a lot of 30x40" prints just from the original size SPP JPG files and they looked really good in terms of detail, even up close.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow