Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Marty4650
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,700Gear list
Like?
Re: You probably don't realize this....
In reply to henryp, 4 months ago

henryp wrote:

Marty4650 wrote:

But those brick and mortar stores are essentially showrooms for Amazon.com and B&H.com.

You do realize I hope that B&H Photo has a 70,000 sq ft brick-n-mortar retail store on 9th Ave in Manhattan, some of the priciest commercial real estate in the country.

Yes I do. And I never fail to visit the store when I am in NYC. It really is an amazing place. Sort of like Disneyland for Photographers!

But only around 10% of the nation's population lives within driving distance of NYC. And you sell things to all 100% of us. This means the other 90% are handling goods at brick and mortar stores, or even Best Buy, then going home and ordering it from Amazon.com or some other online seller to get a much better price. Or perhaps to avoid sales tax?

Honestly, if I lived in NYC, I'd never buy anything online. B&H has everything you could possibly need. And their people are really knowledgeable and helpful. And if they are out of stock... then Adorama probably has it.

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow