Liberal Return Policies vs. "has my camera been used?": A way to Solve This

Started May 6, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Marty4650
Marty4650 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,849
Re: You probably don't realize this....

henryp wrote:

Marty4650 wrote:

But those brick and mortar stores are essentially showrooms for Amazon.com and B&H.com.

You do realize I hope that B&H Photo has a 70,000 sq ft brick-n-mortar retail store on 9th Ave in Manhattan, some of the priciest commercial real estate in the country.

Yes I do. And I never fail to visit the store when I am in NYC. It really is an amazing place. Sort of like Disneyland for Photographers!

But only around 10% of the nation's population lives within driving distance of NYC. And you sell things to all 100% of us. This means the other 90% are handling goods at brick and mortar stores, or even Best Buy, then going home and ordering it from Amazon.com or some other online seller to get a much better price. Or perhaps to avoid sales tax?

Honestly, if I lived in NYC, I'd never buy anything online. B&H has everything you could possibly need. And their people are really knowledgeable and helpful. And if they are out of stock... then Adorama probably has it.

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow