Travel photography - what's in your bag?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Herbieo
Regular MemberPosts: 161Gear list
Like?
Travel photography - what's in your bag?
7 months ago

Hi all!

Off to China in a few weeks visiting Shanghai and surrounding countryside. Expecting to take a lot of cityscape, street and landscape photos. Some landscapes including large bodies of water such as lakes.

My kit is as follows:

X100S
X-E2
10-24
18-55
Rocket blower
Lens pen/cloths
Lee Seven5 filter system with adapters for X100S and 10-24 with 0.9 hard ND grad, CPL & big stopper
Eclipse cleaning fluid/papers
2 NP-95 and 4 NP-W126 batteries
2 x 8GB, 2 x 16GB & 1 x 32GB SDHC cards
Tripod
MacBook Air for storing photos

Is there anything else I should be thinking about packing?

I haven't travelled with my kit on a longish holiday for some time. Last trip was 2 years ago with D700, 24-70, 50, 70-200 and 2 x converter - much heavier and took up much more space than everything listed above.

I have considered getting more ND grads but usually only use for landscapes, little experience for cityscapes and understand soft grads are more useful for city shooting. Any thoughts?

For those of you that have been to Shanghai before or maybe live there now do you recommend any photo hotspots both in and around the city? I will be visiting for 2 weeks.

Thanks for any helpful and constructive comments. Looking forward to the trip and hope to get the most out of a new photo opportunity in a very different setting to the English countryside that I'm familiar with.

Chris

Herbieo's gear list:Herbieo's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow