Using NEX-5, concerned about feel of a6000

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 15,149Gear list
Like?
Re: Using NEX-5, concerned about feel of a6000
In reply to Muga, 6 months ago

Muga wrote:

I am still using the original NEX-5 14mp and thinking of upgrading, mainly because:

1) Realize I need an EVF

2) Slow AF

I've been drawn to the NEX 6 due to its EVF, but it seems the AF is not THAT much faster than what I am currently using. Then the a6000 came out and I got excited due to the VERY fast AF and its basically a NEX 6. I've never handled either camera by the way. Then I read some threads here complaining about how a6000 feels weird and hollow but I thought those people was just weird. Today I stopped by Bestbuy and picked up the a6000 and it... actually felt pretty bad compared to my NEX 5! (Sorry to those people who I thought was paranoid). The grip doesn't fit me as much and it just didn't feel as good. I wanted to try the NEX 6 but they didn't have it in stock. Now the price on EBay is barely $400 bucks, I am quite interested in it again...

So for those who have handled all three... is the NEX 6 more like the original 5 or the a6000 feel-wise?

I totally agree. I have the 5R which feels like your NEX-5, is much faster with 16mp and hybrid PDAF, touchscreen and the removable EVF. It's the best of both worlds.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow