Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DezM
Forum ProPosts: 33,858
Like?
Found a L-Bracket for a6000
6 months ago

As others have noted in the forum, there isn't a L-Bracket custom made by any of the Arca-Swiss compatible manufacturers. So I went out and purchased a universal L-Bracket from eBay that I thought would fit, judging by their description and images on their page:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-L-Quick-Release-Plate-Bracket-Fit-Camera-Benro-Arca-Swiss-Kirk-NEX6-7-/201075575129?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

I received the above bracket today. Several have asked me to report back to the forum & explain if it fits. It does. There's a sliding thumb screw on the base that can be further torqued with a coin, if you choose. The base also has a thin pieces of rubber padding. The bracket does cover part of the battery door of the a6000 when it is fitted all the way to the left. If you need to get to the battery, simply torque the screw to the unlock position and slide the camera to the right. The LCD can be opened when attached. It only costs me $14.20 (and came from China) as opposed to what Really Right Stuff will absurdly charge, if they do manufacture one. Photos:

As you can see, the base slightly covers the battery compartment.

Here, I slid the bracket in the opposite direction to show how the bracket would look with the battery door open.

On my Arca-Swiss compatible ballhead

On my Arca-Swiss compatible ballhead

This works for me

-- hide signature --
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
JohnNew
EasyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow