Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RicksAstro
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,409Gear list
Like?
"New" X-T1s
4 months ago

I have been trying to get another X-T1 recently.   I've figured out part of the reason they come in and out of stock is that people have been either returning them and some retailers have been packing them up and selling as new.

First was Bestbuy a few weeks ago (via online).  Got the kit and it was obviously opened, cords a mess and lacked a battery!   Serial 41A03xxxx (pre button and light leak fix).  Returned it...

Next was Amazon last week.   Got the kit and the camera looked like a dog had been licking it...just an absolute mess.  There were actual lip marks on the LCD.   Serial 41A03xxx...returned it...

Finally, Kenmore had the body only.   Got it...perfect.   Clicky back buttons (NOT my imagination...they are far better).   Pristine.   Serial 42A01xxxx (note incremented second digit).  No light leak.   Keeper for sure!

I guess that's what happens when manufacturers announce a serial # range with issues combined with a short supply and generous return policies...there are massive returns and incentives to resell returns as new.

There's the "buy from a reputable dealer" thing, which in this case worked.   But I've had the same thing happen in the past with reputable dealers as well.

-- hide signature --
Fujifilm X-T1 Pentax K-r
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow