Using NEX-5, concerned about feel of a6000

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,897Gear list
Like?
Depends on who you ask...
In reply to Muga, 3 months ago

Thanks guys, I know this was somewhat of a dumb question but since I cant handle the 6, I thought I would get some rough opinions on it.  I'll most likely get a a6000 and get used to it, or find a spanking deal on the 6... we'll see.

I happen to have E-mount system for a few key reasons:
- Smaller Size
- Lower Weight
- Legacy Lens Use/Flexibility

This so called "hollow" claim makes zero sense to me. In fact, I would prefer a carbon fiber tripod that feels hollow to carry around than an aluminum tripod that feels "solid".

The bickering often continues onto use of composite vs full metal body as well. I find it only as a mere distraction. Give me a body that lasts for as long as I will use the camera. For everybody else, Leica just announced their candidate.

With a6000, the body is actually thicker by an mm or two, compared to NEX-6, along with a better grip. And I never considered NEX-5/5N as being benchmarks in construction but as superb cameras. The same applies to a6000.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow