Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,385Gear list
Like?
The 18mm as a portrait lens...
3 months ago

Took my wife of 32 years out for breakfast at a local coffee/cafe on Sunday for Mother's Day..  I took the X-E2 with the 18mm mounted because I did not want to lug a bag with me.

I'm not a portrait guy but every now and then I take a stab at it.  Now the 18mm is not by any means a portrait lens but the shot below is one of the better shots I have ever been able to take of my wife... because (A) she does not like to have her picture taken and (B) she normally assumes a phony smile which always ruins the shot. This time was different.. I took the shot just as she glanced over at me after I made some stupid comment with that look that says... "Jim, you're an idiot"..  
Post in Photoshop CS6, shot JPG.

By the way... she says this is a terrible picture of her... Women!

Always best to view the larger version...

-- hide signature --

--

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow