ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SimonJenkins
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
5D MKIII and WiFi
7 months ago

Hi

Does anyone have a workflow for downloading RAW files from the 5D to an iPad? I also have a 70D and even though the function was a struggle to use (as a consummate IT person), once you had it linked up, the 'EOS Remote' wasn't too bad.

But using the 5D MKIII I can view .CR2 files with an external SD/Wifi Card reader, and an app called 'WiFi media reader'. I have 'PhotoRaw Lite' which would allow you to view a RAW file already stored on the iPad. I have PS Express for editing.

But I cant use the combination of them in a workflow. The 'WiFi media reader' will see the .CR2 files and will allow you to view some, but not all it seems (maybe a file size limit) and wont download them to the camera roll.

I wondered how anyone else might tackle this without the expensive Canon accessory that plugs on the hot shoe.

Thanks

Simon

SimonJenkins's gear list:SimonJenkins's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +3 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow