Monaco Optix XR + windows 7 64bit. Pls help

Started Dec 9, 2009 | Discussions thread
Hershmonster
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: Thanks for the tips - BSD fixed
In reply to TwincitiesJim, 4 months ago

Hello,

I realize this thread is long dead, and most people upgraded to Win 7 ages ago.  However, this is one of the first results coming up on Google for Monaco Optix & Win 7, so I thought I'd share what (just) worked for me.  We only upgraded to Windows 7 at work last week,  so I was in no hurry to upgrade at home!

All of the other suggestions in this thread are valid;   plug your DTP94 into a powered USB hub, manually point to the uinified driver, etc, etc.

The first time I tried the install,  I got the blue screen of death - this was with the colorimeter plugged into the Dell laptop (running Win 7 64 bit Home Premium).

Next I tried plugging it into a powered USB hub.  This prevented the computer from instantly  crashing when the colorimeter was plugged in, However, in the device manager, it said "no driver installed".  Selecting "update driver" also gave me the blue screen of death.

What worked was to  UNINSTALL the driver,   rather than just delete the device in the device manager.  The first attempts to install must have left some sort of corrupted driver in there.

THEN plug it into the powered USB hub, go into device manager, and install the driver.

It only took me about 10 BSDs to get it working.  Which I am happy about, because last week I found an essentially new in the package Monaco XR / EZ color software and colorimeter for $5 at the local thrift store. I'm going to gift it to my brother.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow