D800/E firmware 1.10 update / Lexar CF -- WARNING!!!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
inasir1971
Senior MemberPosts: 3,202
Like?
D800/E firmware 1.10 update / Lexar CF -- WARNING!!!
4 months ago

I just updated my D800E firmware from A1.01,B1.02 to A/B 1.10 and the camera stopped working with my Lexar 64GB CF card immediately after the update was complete.

(memory access light would stay on whenever the card was inserted and could not access menu, power off etc.)

My 64GB CF card was within the range of serial numbers reported earlier to have issues (nos ending 8BAFBE or 8DCB61) with the new D4s (and D4 following the 1.1 firmware update a couple of months ago) however it worked perfectly with the previous versions of firmware as I've been using that card without any issues for almost 1.5 years.

Firmware 1.10 can make your D800/E unable to work with Lexar CF cards which were reported as having an issue. Check your Lexar CF card serial nos before you upgrade.

Affected Lexar CF cards

http://nikonrumors.com/2014/03/18/nikon-d4s-and-lexar-400x-or-1000x-memory-cards-issue.aspx/

Nikon D4 Nikon D4s Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow