Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Erik Ohlson
Forum ProPosts: 13,802
Like?
Mother's Day Concert at Mission San Juan Bautista
7 months ago

I spent both Saturday and Sunday this weekend pouring wine at local events, the most colorful and fun being our local amateur Symphony playing in the old California mission at San Juan Bautista.

Here's the garden where we were setting up our table:

The orchestra played from the altar area, here are two in-camera "HDR" type shots, first from my Panasonic ZS25 in "HDR" mode:

And then this from my Casio EX-ZR700 in "High speed night shot" mode:

These were taken from slightly different places and both have been "PP'd" with the same actions done on both. Note that tere are no proper verticals - this is an old (for the US west coast - 1797) building made of mud (adobe) brick, and the famous San Andreas earthquake fault is only meters away, so the building leans in several directions  

After the concert we poured wine for the guests, and two of the musicians provided incidental music:

This was "grab-shot" in a lull from pouring the wine - I wound up mostly opening bottles as fast as I could to keep up with two pourers, my wife & daughter.

-- hide signature --

"Measure wealth not by things you have but by things for which you would not take money"
www.flickr.com/ohlsonmh/ ohlsonmh@yahoo.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow