Panasonic 150mm 2.8 Doomed Before Its Release??

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
jhinkey
Senior MemberPosts: 2,326Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic 150mm 2.8 Doomed Before Its Release??
In reply to Valentinian, 3 months ago

Valentinian wrote:

ijm5012 wrote:

I still don't get this Panasonic/Olympus "rivalry" that people think exists. They share the same platform, they're not competing against one another in the way Canon and Nikon do. It's a great lens that fills a void in the m43 lens line-up, and I'm certain Olympus and Panasonic users are happy about that.

right. maybe that's why Olympus will release a 300mm/f4, while Panasonic the 150mm/f2.8.

They clearly have some sort of cooperation going on as they tend to not go head to head in lenses and bodies - i.e., they don't have bodies that have the same features/specs nor do they have lenses that share the same focal length/aperture.

My interest in the 150/2.8 is for landscape work so fast AF is not an issue, while across the frame sharpness certainly is.  If it's in the same league of sharpness as the 75/1.8 I'll be a very happy camper . . .

Any word on size and weight?

jhinkey's gear list:jhinkey's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow