Focus Fine Tune

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,018Gear list
Like?
Yes
In reply to richiebee, 4 months ago

So this is a relatively recent addition at least to consumer level cameras, presumably because the resolution has become significant enough to show problems in lens focus.

For those who have the function, I'm curious as to whether you use it, or leave it alone.

R.

If you have a lens that is back/front focusing, this is the tool to use to correct it. I have found the issue to be rare but even one occurence can be frustrating as I found when using a 25+ year old Minolta 24-50/4 on my Sony NEX-6 (via LAEA2 adapter, which is a smart adapter to use Minolta/Sony A-mount lenses on Sony E-mount cameras with fast mirror based PDAF). The adapter has AF Microadjust feature. With a little corrective effort, the lens now is as accurate in focusing where I point it, as it should be. So, use it, if your camera (and in my case, the adapter) has it.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow