Fuji X100 vs Sony RX100 vs Ricoh GR

Started Nov 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
gbdz
Forum MemberPosts: 58Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji X100 vs Sony RX100 vs Ricoh GR
In reply to Joachim Gerstl, 7 months ago

I got the RX100mII yesterday and luckily found some time to get used to it.
It is easy to configure once you realize that nearly all possibilities that you might need and some that you don't are the there and it is just a question of having a good guide to work it out.
I got the Kindle version of Alexander S. White's "Photographer's Guide..." on my android pad and even though it might benefit of some editing, it is very thorough. 
The camera was easy enough to configure as a Wi-Fi slave to the pad as were the "send to" options. Again, there could be more flexibility there but that would mean heavier applications and slower response.

True, the buttons are small and before I realized that they can be configured at will, I messed up things and swore quite a lot..

Having all the numerous options  there naturally complicates the first attempts, particularly when one thinks that manuals are for pussies. While it is true that the zoom is dim in the long end, one has to accept that the laws of optics do not permit building a continuous f/2.8 28-100mm lens that would cover this sensor and still fit in your pocket.
Thank you, Joachim, for the review. It helped me to make a choice I am (thus far) very happy with.
Now, do I need the electronic view finder for 300 dollars more? I do not think my pockets are deep enough.

gbdz's gear list:gbdz's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow