Using NEX-5, concerned about feel of a6000

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 22,155Gear list
Like?
Re: Using NEX-5, concerned about feel of a6000
In reply to Muga, 7 months ago

So for those who have handled all three... is the NEX 6 more like the original 5 or the a6000 feel-wise?

If you're problem in liking or not liking the camera's feel was due to shape or design, the NEX6 is much closer to that of the a6000, in the general size and shape, grip size, etc.  So you may not like it if you prefer the size and shape of your NEX5.

If the problem is in the material being composite rather than metal, then you may be OK with the NEX6, though it still is not as high a metal content as the NEX5.

If it's ergonomic design, button location, etc - then I think again the NEX6 and A6000 are a little closer to eachother than the NEX5.

I had a NEX-5N which I thoroughly enjoyed and liked the general feel and shape.  I now have the  A6000, and I vastly prefer this camera ergonomically and in feel.  I find the shape and size work very well for my large hands, the grip is very similar to that of the 5N, but slightly taller body gives more room for my 4th finger, and the button and control layout is MUCH better.  I find the body build and material to be excellent for me - build quality to me feels equal between the two.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow