ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Elchanan
Regular MemberPosts: 209
Like?
New a6000 owner - a few questions
7 months ago

Hi everyone,

I just ordered the a6000 + 16-50 + 55-210 from B&H, not because I have any special affinity to them, but because it was out of stock in the other places I tried (Amazon, Beach Camera and Unique Photo). I have ordered from B&H before and have been very satisfied, but hate having to pay the sales tax! The camera is being shipped to my brother who loves in NY and he will bring it with him when he visits next week.

After lugging around my DSLR gear for well over a decade (with the occasional coffee break ;-)), I finally decided to "lighten up". Until the a6000 was released, I was not prepared to sacrifice the focus-tracking abilities of my DSLR (shot mainly Nikon apart from the occasional flirtation with Canon and Pentax) for the benefits of mirrorless. Now though, if the reviews and the majority of user feedback are to be believed, Sony has not only produced a camera with fantastic IQ (DXOmark rates the sensor very highly), but also with DSLR-matching focus-tracking abilities.

Now for the questions (and please excuse my ignorance):

1. Why are there no e-mount lenses over 300mm (or are there)? I love bird photography, so the extra reach would be great.

2. Is there a technical reason why Sony could not use the alpha mount on their NEX series?

3. Is there any way of gaining extra reach (more than 210mm) without sacrificing focusing speed?

4. Is there a way to back button focus on the a6000?

Thanks for your time and patience,

Elchanan

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow