anyone by chance make a rule of 3rds back LCD protector for D800?!?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Testing123
Regular MemberPosts: 335Gear list
Like?
Re: anyone by chance make a rule of 3rds back LCD protector for D800?!?
In reply to JJ168, 4 months ago

JJ168 wrote:

Leonard Shepherd wrote:

I presume you are talking live view as using phase detect there are 2 horizontal lines and 4 points very close to the "thirds" displayed in the viewfinder.

Leonard,

Not sure what you mean by the above.

Here is a pic of the D800's view finder (not the LCD display on the back of the D800):

The black lines are the default lines that are displayed by the camera.

The red lines are "rule of thirds" lines I have added to the pic.

As can be seen, the red lines are not in the same location as the black lines and the intersection points do not correspond either. They are definitely not "the "thirds" displayed in the viewfinder" as you stated above.

Jeff31M,

There is some good info to be had if you'll sift through the following thread over on Fred Miranda's board. It won't give you an LCD cover that displays the rule of thirds lines, but it may open you up to checking out Golden Mean and Dynamic Symmetry as Robin Casady's post suggests.

Here's the start of the thread: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1194799/0

Here's Robin's post (first on page 3): http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1194799/2

Hope that helps...

Allen

Why can't one use the AF point that close to the rule of third? I am sure those points don't move around.

Regarding aligning horizontal line, those 51 AF points again can act like a line to me.

Sure you can... if you shoot in Auto, 3D or D51 modes--because all of the other modes do not display the appropriate focus point.

Not sure about others, but I'm usually in S mode and possibly D9 or D21 if I have to follow some action. None of these modes show the appropriate focus point that is close to the 'rule of thirds' points.

Regards,

Allen

Testing123's gear list:Testing123's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow