Sold my V3 (but there's more to it)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Jimmy jang Boo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,315Gear list
Like?
Re: Sold my V3 (but there's more to it)
In reply to Dabbler, 6 months ago

Dabbler wrote:

I shoot a lot in daylight and the absence of a viewfinder is not an option. Even on the terrific RX100 LCD the scene disappears in the glare.

I use to think the same thing. I had a Pentax Q which I was really fond of, but even on a cloudy day without direct sun, the screen outside was useless - totally useless - couldn't see anything at all. Being very disappointed, I promptly returned the camera. 3 months later in the fall and I found a Q deal I could not refuse. The suns intensity was lessening and the screen was fine.

Then as spring approached, I resigned myself to having put the camera way till the fall. But then it occurred to me... maybe the brightness on the screen could be amped up enough to at least make the camera usable. Sure enough it worked. It worked so well that even in direct sun at high noon I could see everything, data, images and all the colors with loads of contrast. The screen was just as visible as if I were inside.

Lesson learned... default screen settings may be too low for outside use, especially in direct sun. Go into set up menu and adjust accordingly.

Jimmy jang Boo's gear list:Jimmy jang Boo's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon 1 V1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow