HVL-F20S for insect macro?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Ynos
Regular MemberPosts: 182
Like?
Re: HVL-F20S for insect macro?
In reply to dawson31, 7 months ago

dawson31 wrote:

How was the flash working for your nex-5??
Read it fail in less than a year. Anyone has any feedback?
Intending to use it for insect shooting so most likely to use the diffuser included.. Anyone has any feedback on the diffuser or still best to DIY own diffuser?

Dawson

My flash f20s is working just fine (with regards to fail/broke). However, it constantly gives me very overexposed images. I remember reading a thread long time ago on this matter. No solution was found. It may be faulty contacts that make TTL fail or something else. I'm not sure, so even if i dial exposure compensation (that is for flash) down to -2 it still gives me overexposed images. So basically this is the reason it is just sitting on my shelf with no use.

Will test it on my A6000 and will know for sure if the problem was flash itself or my old 5N.

As for diffuser, IMHO it looks great, but is still not enough for such powerful flash (or maybe it is not working for me due to bad TTL contacts and general flash overexposure). i would imagine if flash was working as supposed with normal TTL - then flash would be 2-3 times softer and diffuser will work just fine in that case.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow