Newly aquired D300 goes to the Giro D'Italia (in Ireland)

Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
Lumix5
Regular MemberPosts: 179Gear list
Like?
Re: Newly aquired D300 goes to the Giro D'Italia (in Ireland)
In reply to greenmanphoto, 5 months ago

greenmanphoto wrote:

David,

Nice shots! I shot a stage of the 2010 Giro, a Team Time Trial stage, when we were over there to see the Shroud of Turin. We stayed just outside Asti, and were going to be leaving originally just prior to the stage coming nearby. We ended up staying an extra couple of days so I could go shoot the stage. I had the option of two stages, as there were two close to us, but opted for the time trial so we could enjoy it a bit more. On a regular stage, the peloton is gone by in a matter of seconds and you're done. The time trial stages, though, allow you to experience much more. I'd LOVE the opportunity to shoot more stages of the grand tours, though!

Thanks for sharing these nice images!

Sam

-- hide signature --

Sam B.
D200, 16-85mm, 35-135mm, Sigma 10-20 f3.5 N8008s, Gitzo 2531, Induro DM-01 ballhead
Certified Texas Master Naturalist
Proud WSSA Member #260!
www.flickr.com/photos/sibeardjr
www.doormouse-editions.com

Thanks Sam. The team time trial is a great event to see the riders over an extended period. I was also lucky enough to see a mountain top finish on Alpe D'Huez at the Tour D' France in 2006 where it took the race almost half an hour from the first riders to the last to pass by.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow