70D video quality vs Panasonic GH2H?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
skanter
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,776Gear list
Like?
Re: 70D video quality vs Panasonic GH2H?
In reply to nick101, 7 months ago

nick101 wrote:

70Der wrote:

I saw a YouTube video yesterday where the video quality from his GH2H looked AMAZING.

http://youtu.be/x1CL9ySnvB0

Can this same quality be achieved with 70D or is there not enough resolution?

It's not that there's not enough resolution. In fact, the 70D has greater native resolution than the GH2 (20MP vs 16MP). The differences are down to the two cameras' different approaches to dealing with moiré and other issues. Panasonic did a bang-up job in the GH series.

You can achieve very good results with the APS-C Canons, but it needs work. The GH2 is actually a fabulous interchangeable lens video tool.

...but not really a fabulous option if you've already got a nice arsenal of Canon lenses, and the incredible, advanced  video features of Magic Lantern.  I'm pretty happy with my 60D for stills and video, and get jobs for both that keep paying many times over the cost of the Canon system.

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC
"The fact is that relatively few photographers ever master their medium. Instead they allow the medium to master them and go on an endless squirrel cage chase from new lens to new paper to new developer to new gadget, never staying with one piece of equipment long enough to learn its full capacities, becoming lost in a maze of technical information that is of little or no use since they don't know what to do with it."
--Edward Weston

skanter's gear list:skanter's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow