try-out with 24 MP A6000? is higher MP better than 16MP Fuji?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Absolutic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,713Gear list
Like?
Re: try-out with 24 MP A6000? is higher MP better than 16MP Fuji?
In reply to jennyrae, 4 months ago

jennyrae wrote:

I compare it with XF 18-55. I wanted to like the 16-70 and willing to forget that it is not f2.8, as long as quality is excellent. but I felt the result is not worth $1,000 but more like $600. I find it disappointing because expectation is on the high side due to cost of lens. maybe copy lent to me was bad because it perform way lesser than Fuji XF 18-55. I not say it is bad lens because it does not look decentered. but because I still cannot find picture to be on excellent level or something that take breath away or simply missing WOW factor. result is good to very good but did not find excellent.

I just checked user reviews from others, but I cannot find the so-called sharpness and contrast that they talk about. and I am sucker for sharpness and contrast when I see one. definitely copy I use does not display kind of that I was expecting. also, I checked at pictures taken, nothing WoW I see. maybe needed more post-processing to look excellent. but that is not why someone will pay for $1,000.

Ive read several reviews of Zeiss 16-70 from users on different forums completely in line with your opinion - underwhelmed to say the least for a $1000 lens.  As a matter of fact, I remember reading some people having to buy and return 3 or 4 samples until the find the acceptable one.

The Fuji 18-55 is a phenomenal kit lens. I was just taking photos of my toddler with it alongside Fuji 56 1.2 and comparing it to tele end of 18-55 wide open, and zooming all the way up to 100%, the 55 end looks very impressive, very atypical of a tele end wide open of a typical kit lens. And 18-55 costs you what, a $300 more than a body if buying in a kit?  And I can't recall reading anything about sample variations on 18-55.

Absolutic's gear list:Absolutic's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow