try-out with 24 MP A6000? is higher MP better than 16MP Fuji?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jennyrae
Senior MemberPosts: 1,401
Like?
try-out with 24 MP A6000? is higher MP better than 16MP Fuji?
3 months ago

I get loaned with A6000 and 16-70/f4 lens. since I read discussion on MP count resolution, I think this is good time to share my thoughts and experience with A6000 so far.

let me say that I have to applaud Sony for this camera especially for it's AF tracking. they really did remarkable job. this makes motion and video photography good. very fast, accurate and responsive.

however, after comparing it with my X-T1, I find it underwhelming as far as viewfinder and picture quality is concerned.

I not know if it is lens fault or limitation of lens on 24MP sensor, but I find results underwhelming. I not say it's bad, it is still very good. but for 1k+ premium, it is decent quality only or not worth it. is this work of AA filter? is this really a Zeiss lens? results I see is reminiscent of NEX-7 where issued NEX lenses are very poor on it. but this is CZ issued lens, yes? I still find it hard to swallow and difficult to process thinking it cannot do as good as Fuji XF 18-55 which is way cheaper and half-cost. is higher MP count of 24MP culprit?  it is possible also, considering lens may be out-resolved by sensor. I cannot try lens on lower MP E-mount Sony camera because I not have body but wish to see if result become better. but so far combination with this lens and the camera is not happy feeling and felt cheated. can only imagine if lens was Sony kitlens. maybe worse.

any experience also?

Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow