Olympus OM-D E-M10 for $699, or E-M5 for $100 more?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dcstrom
Forum MemberPosts: 83
Like?
Olympus OM-D E-M10 for $699, or E-M5 for $100 more?
7 months ago

I recently lost 3 of my 4 Nikon lenses (story involving a pannier falling from my motorcycle...). I have a D7000 and that along with lenses and other stuff is a lot to carry on a bike. I wondered if this might be a good time to switch systems. Was still wondering (actually almost decided) when I got an offer on the D7000 body. That pushed me over the edge, so I'm moving to an M43 system.

I've more or less decided on the E-M10 since I like what I read it's in my price range for my first dip into M43 waters, but now I see there is a $200 rebate on the E-M5, making it only $100 more than the E-M10.

I'm aware of the differences in specs and that the E-M10 is superior in some ways (eg processor) and the E-M5 in others (water resistance). But have never handled either of them (and I'm in Argentina at the moment so probably won't get a chance to).

Those who have tried both, what do you think?

Nikon D7000 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow