Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LuxLuthor
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
Aperture presets which match Nikon viewnx
3 months ago

Some have complained that the Aperture raw processing is not good. I noticed the defaults don't often work, and wanted to  make a set of defaults which come very close to the processing that Nikon viewNX does.

I would imagine that most of the people who use Aperture would have their own presets. Aperture is really very cool, you can create a bunch of presets and then give this group of presets and name, and it shows up under the effects menu. Then to apply a bunch of effects one only needs to select it from the menu. This way I've made a group of presets which comes close to what the Nikon viewNX software does to the raw image.

1) set up raw fine tuning. Aperture comes with the boost set to the maximum. This tends to make the image lose highlight detail. So I set the boost at 0.33, sharpening at 1.00, detail at 0.1, and the rest I leave alone. Save that as the camera default.

2) click the auto enhance button.

3) increase the enhance definition to 0.1, the saturation to 1.05, the vibrancy to 0.1.

4) click on the effects menu and save all of those as in effect. I called mine viewNX.

Now whenever you want images that look similar to what Nikon view produces, just click on the effects menu and choose that named group of effects. You can go crazy and make folders of effects for different situations, cameras, etc.

Have fun.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow