I need some eBay thoughts on a 7D I sold.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Phil
Senior MemberPosts: 2,635Gear list
Like?
I need some eBay thoughts on a 7D I sold.
5 months ago

Here's the listing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&view=all&item=301141985695&tid=0&ssPageName=ADME:X:CPSOS:US:1123

Here's a couple of the un-retouched listing photos I took.

I think it's pretty clean for 2009 camera.

The buyer want a full refund after 29 days. She said it was dirty, has a higher shutter count than I stated (could be true, since I stated the shutter count as my Lightroom catalog total) I haven't been able to make the common shutter count tools run on my Win 8.1 64bit.

The buyer reports it is 4000 clicks higher than I claimed or I missed it by 3% of the expected shutter lifetime. That is 10% to 13% of lifetime on a 2009 body. Hmm.

Buyer Message when received:

Received the camera safely. Your shutter count was off by 4000 and I was a bit disappointed that you hadn't bothered to dust off and clean the camera before shipping it. However it seems to work fine so thanks.

Since I cannot dispute the shutter count, having not had a way to read it, and used recycled bubble wrap that could have brought some paper dust with it from the previous shipment I opted to let sleeping dogs lie.

Buyer's Message now:

I am really frustrated with this purchase...the shutter count was not the same as the description, the camera arrived dirty, and its having functionality issues both times I have tried to use it. I am very familiar with Canon cameras and this one is not operating smoothly. It has issues communicating with the Canon external flash, operating WAY too slowly between shots, and not allowing you to use selected settings. Because of this I feel the camera is not fitting the description offered in the listing and would like to return it for a full refund. I run a business an needed a camera that functions perfectly like the listing stated. Thank you so much for your cooperation.

To me it sound like the buyer has failed to grasp how to use the 7D and has choose to wait to the last second to ask about operational issues she might have.

The 7D AF system is a big departure from older previous designs (is similar to a 5D MKIII and a IDX in some ways). I supplied a 2GB 300X Lexar CF card for free. If a slow CF was used or the new owner is not use to the 7D automation that could account for the trouble reported.

What do you think?

My fault?

A good way to test drive a 7D for a month (hey your shutter count is off) now take it back.

-- hide signature --

Phil Agur
“Imagination is more important than knowledge..." -- Albert Einstein

Phil's gear list:Phil's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +4 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow