Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fakuryu
Senior MemberPosts: 1,034Gear list
Like?
Digital Photographer Philippines 8 and Pentax
5 months ago

Last weekend, the annual Digital Photographer Philippines was and this time, Pentax was a major sponsor of the event. I think everyone there took notice especially when they revealed the limited edition K50 Philippines (just your regular K50 in the Philippine flag colors and just 500 of them will be produced AFAIK) and then literally poured water on it. It was funny on how all of the photographers at front row immediately shielded their cameras and moved away a bit from the main stage.
Almost all the big brands were represented except for Olympus who was a no show and there were tons of discounts on lens and bodies.

I was just happy that Pentax was finally represented and in a big way. There are other photos but I'm just being lazy walking upstairs to get the memory card from my K5II

The local who's who in photography got their stage time and also Eric Kim was a special guest.

Free lens and body cleaning from a Pentax technician that came all the way from Cebu! My K5II and Kr was next on the list. He was actually surprised that he got swamped more than the Fuji and Canon stalls, free cleaning service from Canon and Sony was a no show.

There was also the Canon and Sony group.

And if you are a Pentaxian, you get to have a free K3 t-shirt and you were allowed to play around with the 645D and 55mm f2.8 it is such a lovely lovely camera.

Got to talk too with Pentax/Ricoh management from Japan, Pentax is coming out strong and when we asked if there is a FF on the way, he jokingly zipped his lips.

-- hide signature --

There is no such thing a "Pro" level gear, just Pro level work.

fakuryu's gear list:fakuryu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Pentax K-r Pentax Q Pentax K-5 II
Pentax 645D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-50 Pentax K-r
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow