If not m43, what would be your mirrorless system?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,076Gear list
Like?
Re: If not m43, what would be your mirrorless system?
In reply to honeyiscool, 3 months ago

honeyiscool wrote:

Probably Samsung. They have, in my mind, clearly the best bodies, and the lenses, while they sometimes miss the mark, sometimes they really hit the mark. That 16-50mm f/2-2.8 is to droll for.

I think the 16-50 f2-2.8 is not exciting at all. That lens just shows how they got it all wrong. It weighs 630 gram. More than the 16-50 f2.8 APS-c Sony lens. It is large and it has no place on a NX300 or so. With an NX30 you start to wonder what it has over a traditional DSLR when it comes to size and weight. Same is true foor all the good Samsung lenses: 85 mm f1.4 is huge. Their macro is twice the weight or more than the Ol version (and that one is weathersealed, while the Samsung isn't).

Also, in this particula case, the lenses cost 1200-1300 dollar and does not seem to perfrom stellar. That is bigger, mroe expensive and less performant than the 12-35 Panasonic or 12-40 Olympus. Not a good result I think...

Fuji have understood it. A f2.8 to f4 18-55 lens does make sense as it is also smaller than a f2.8-only lens.

Also: the NX30 is not weathersealed. So you have a 900-1000 dollar cam, their top of the line, but no weahtersealing.

Samsung has

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
FujiNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow