Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David Tallboys
Forum MemberPosts: 56Gear list
Like?
Sick to death of win 8.1 WiFi "Limited connectivity" Be aware
3 months ago

Travelling, and we've got an Asus T100 tablet/netbook and a Lenovo flex 10 Netbook. Both 8.1

Wifi connectivity with 8.1 is rubbish. There's dozens of web threads about this issue and we've tried just about all of them e.g. rolling back drivers, resetting ip whatnots; with still only about 10% success of logging on.

Fortunately we also have an old win 7 laptop that gets us almost 100% logon success. I'm using it to write this.

I'm posting the thread not to ask for more advice hints or even sympathy (although it would be nice) , but to warn anybody thinking of travelling with their netbook to try it out a few times on new networks in bars or cafes or tourist information centres before they travel. Both our 8.1 devices connected Ok at home but this experience has driven me to pull my hair out.

Incidentally, we have about 50% success with ipads and 90% success with android, so you can see we collect computer toys like camera gear.

David Tallboys's gear list:David Tallboys's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow