OM-D E-M10 Focus Peaking & Shutter Shock?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Abaregi
Regular MemberPosts: 123
Like?
OM-D E-M10 Focus Peaking & Shutter Shock?
2 months ago

Hi, I am lookng at trying out a m43 camera the m10, I have a NEX now and want the m10 for tele/nature. I shoot a lot in the evening and during dusk and here in Sweden it's quite dark in the autumn/winter. I'm hoping the IBIS will help out when I don't have the tripod with me.

I am a big legacy glass fan and have around 30 lenses at home and have read about enabling the Focus Peaking with a button - Is this necessary? On my NEX I can just set it to ON in the options and it stays like that even with modern AF lenses I can always see where the focus is.

Do I have to bind up a button to dedicate to this feature on the M10? And if so is it on as long as I don't switch the camera off. How and when does it reset to off? Unless I have misunderstood and you can have it to always on.

Second question is about the shutter shock. It's hard as I have seen a lot of posts saying yes/no to this..

I shoot a lot at 80-160 and I have read people saying this is the worst range for the SS  :/
There doesn't seem to be an electronic shutter either to help on this camera -is there any consensus about this issue?

Was originally going to get the A6000 but I really like the features and glass of m43 cameras and these are two important factors for my type of shooting.

Thanks a lot for the input.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow