Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Paul Farace
Contributing MemberPosts: 723Gear list
Like?
Made my Decision: Miami trip will be Fuji ONLY
2 months ago

I will never retire SLRs, they're my go to for weddings and intense shooting environments. But for my four day trip to Miami coming up I've decided to load up the roller with the Fuji X gear (X100, Xpro1, XT-1) and go for it!  The EVF on the XT-1 is very impressive, but not a substitute for OVF, but for a fun shooting trip, the EVF will be gangbusters.  Leaving the SLRs in the equipment drawers will be a tough one... like jumping out of an airplane without a parachute!

Let's see if it helps my shooting... wasted way too much time in the hotel room looking at the equipment bag trying to figure out if the day called for SLRs or X-system... gonna make that decision ahead of time!

But the Fuji strobes I have (the XT-1 baby and the small flip up) will not carry the load... so Canon speedlights and radio slaves will be packed.

Just don't want to think of all the capital tied up in the FF Canon gear in hibernation!

-- hide signature --

Holding a camera, any camera, reduces my blood pressure, calms my nerves, and gives me a sense of opportunity!

Paul Farace's gear list:Paul Farace's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Fujifilm X-Pro1 +3 more
Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow