Advice on x100s versus X-E2 with pancake lens?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Seamus A
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Advice on x100s versus X-E2 with pancake lens?
7 months ago

I wonder if any of you Fuji users have any advice for me regarding a lightweight alternative / compliment to my heavy 5dII... Im looking for a lightweight, carry-it-everywhere camera, and  I looked at the Sony rx100II, but just can't feel comfortable with the feel and menus on the camera.

The x100s feels great, like a real camera, and I think a 23 mm lens is just right length for a fixed lens. But I'm wrestling with the idea of getting an x-E2 and an equivalent pancake lens - this body would obviously have the upside of being able to take other lenses down the road. But Fuji only makes the XF 27 mm lens in pancake, and I fear it might be marginally on the long side for my purposes.

Has anyone used any other lenses (zeiss?) with the x-E2 that compare to the size and focal length of the 23 mm fixed lens on the x100s?

I appreciate any opinions!

Jim A

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E2 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow