anyone by chance make a rule of 3rds back LCD protector for D800?!?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Testing123
Regular MemberPosts: 325Gear list
Like?
Re: anyone by chance make a rule of 3rds back LCD protector for D800?!?
In reply to MPA1, 3 months ago

MPA1 wrote:

Never understood why anyone puts plastic covers on pro bodies. The LCD's have hardened glass covers and unless you keep tungsten carbide or diamonds in your camera bag it's unlikely you'll ever mark them. My D3x and D3s have been working happily - the D3s since about 2010 - with no cover and the screens are unmarked. Believe me when I say I do not baby them.

I do believe you, however, I'd still be leery of doing that.

You can just draw on the cover with a fine marker and a ruler if you're using one, I guess.

This might be a good idea for Jeff31M. Just purchase and use a spare Nikon BM-12 LCD Monitor Cover for this project. Relatively cheap ($16.95 from B&H as I write this) and you could use several LCD covers for different patterns (rule of thirds, Golden Mean, etc. You could use high quality vinyl tape instead of a fine marker as Al Giordano suggested.

Here's the Nikon BM-12 LCD Monitor Cover on B&H PHoto:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/843392-REG/Nikon_27039_BM_12_LCD_Monitor_Cover.html

Testing123's gear list:Testing123's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow