X-E1 vs X-E2 (from a MFT user perspective)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
secretworld
Contributing MemberPosts: 981Gear list
Like?
Re: X-E1 vs X-E2 (from a MFT user perspective)
In reply to mrstone, 4 months ago

M4/3 and X-E1 owner here;

Have you thought about the oly 75mm? Or even the 45mm. I think both are great (I can only afford the 45mm). With 45mm f1.8 depth of field is 2.5cm at 1m, with 75mm f1.8 it is 0.9cm (but 2.3cm again at 1.5m of course).

With APS-c and 56mm f1.2 it is 2.3cm soooooo if you like your EM1 it seems quit pointless to me. Plus the x-trans sensor has is pluses but also minuses!

The 45mm is very good and cheap, the 75mm perfect and expensive.

I do like my X-E1 for the 18-55 lens and it looks/handling. It is a great standard zoom lens, on par with the pana 20mm and the oly 45mm (except speed) and I got the package really cheap (400 euro) which was near to the price of the VF4, which I was shopping for.

If I could have afforded a GX7 and 12-35/40 f2.8 I would have gone that route. Raw conversion for m4/3 is way ahead of Xtrans.

edit

OOPS you already heave the 45mm and 75mm, then there is really nothing to gain

secretworld's gear list:secretworld's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow