ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PJPalomaki
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Powering Canon DSLR with Power Pack & Dummy Battery
6 months ago

Hi,

I've tried Googling the answer but can't get a definitive answer, is it possible to power a Canon HDSLR (I would like to know specifically 5DmkIII) with a portable Power Pack with USB ports & Dummy Battery? The Power Pack in question is this: Anker 2nd Gen Astro3 12000mAh (4A Output)

As far as I understand the port gives out 5V and max 4A, would that be enough/right amount to power a DSLR with the right cable and a dummy battery like these?:

StarTech 3 feet USB to Type M Barrel 5V DC Power Cable

AC Power Adapter & DC Coupler

I already have that Anker power pack so I'd like to know if I could make things run with that if possible. The product page says that it has 'smart ports' and says this:

• Smart charging ports, powered by PowerIQ technology, intelligently identify each connected device and speak its language - guaranteeing the fastest charge time for EVERY device (Max speed of 4 Amps among 3 ports).

What do you guys think?

The reason I'm looking into this is that I saw this and made me think of my Anker Power Pack: Increase Your DSLR Camera Battery Life To 9 Hours!

I'm not that good with watts, volts and amps so all help would be welcome!

-PJ

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow