X-E1 vs X-E2 (from a MFT user perspective)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thxbb12
Senior MemberPosts: 1,677Gear list
Like?
X-E1 vs X-E2 (from a MFT user perspective)
2 months ago

I currently own an Olympus E-M1 which I'm very happy with. However, I often wish for more DOF control when shooting portraits. Consequently, I'm very tempted to purchase an E1 + 56mm f/1.2 for portrait use as it's still cheaper than buying the Pana/Leica 42.5 f/1.2 in MFT land.

I'm currently having a hard look at Fuji since the crazy drop in price of the X-E1 body (almost half the price of the X-E2 in Switzerland).

My understanding is that the E1 is now quite close to the E2 since the latest firmware release. Now, how do they compare regarding the following points?

• Operating speed
  • Single AF speed
  • AF accuracy
  • EVF
  • EVF lag
  • "Automatic focus on the closest eye" feature (if it even exists)

AF accuracy is probably the most important point as far as I'm concerned. I also use the face detection quite a bit when shooting portraits of a single subject. The Olympus implementation works very very well (it can focus on the closest eye). The X-T1 also features such an implementation, but it's way over my budget.

Thank you in advance for your input.

thxbb12's gear list:thxbb12's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +6 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow