X-T1 - painterly effect in jpegs or not?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 17,242Gear list
Like?
X-T1 - painterly effect in jpegs or not?
2 months ago

I've just ordered an X-T1 but still have some concerns over the jpeg rendering I keep seeing. Is the painterly effect a given when shooting foliage in jpeg mode or is that just a processing error? Will I have to shoot raw to avoid it? I'm still seeing many shots from this camera that look pretty bad detail wise on closer inspection and then occasionally I see some that aren't, is it a raw/jpeg thing? I've read many reviews that praise the IQ and have read many opinions and it all seems a little confusing. I'll use Iridient to process the raw files but I'd like to shoot jpegs as well as I know this is a Fuji strength ( I've owned the X-S1, X100 and now have the XF-1 ). This camera could be perfect for me but it could also be a deal breaker if I can't shoot landscapes which show a high level of detail without smearing. I'm not trolling before anyone gets excited, I genuinely want to make this camera work for me, any comments from any Landscape shooters out there?

-- hide signature --

“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow