The best native E/FE lens as of today?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
José B
Forum ProPosts: 17,346Gear list
Like?
Re: Mr.T-Man, re: Touit 32 circles of confusion wide open
In reply to MrT-Man, 3 months ago

MrT-Man wrote:

Great pics as always, Jose! (as well as the other ones you've posted from that shoot).

I find the Touit 32 is an under-appreciated lens. Not a lot of people seem to have it, likely because of the competition from the Sony 35mm and Sigma 30mm. I look forward to getting faster focusing from it, whenever I decide to upgrade from my NEX-7.

thanks Mr. T-Man. Yes I agree that the Touit is not so popular with Sony e-mount owners. Ironically, the Touit family is the one heavily promoted by Zeiss if you look at their Facebook page.

The Sonnar 55 is silky smooth! Like you I find the colors very attractive (warmer) and contrast than the SEL50. The latter is still an excellent lens, it is very sharp. Some people here are saying that having an APS-C lens, the Sonnar 55 is just a waste. But heck, Canon APS-C users have been purchasing L lens (which are full-frame) since the intro of 10D. They buy it for the same reason why we bought the Sonnar over the value lens.

cheers,

José

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow