Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
techiecool
Regular MemberPosts: 340
Like?
while on travel, realized my true photographic needs
3 months ago

i spent a lot of time researching and settling on the em10. bought the 25, 45, and 9-18mm lenses...extra batteries. all set. so after time on holiday i realized i shot everything at 25mm save 5 shots at 9mm. i truly realized that i can find an interesting field of view with any lens. and not carrying the lenses or worrying about switching was awesome. but a PS wouldn't suffice as i really like the ability of the larger sensor and faster glass to achieve that nice bokeh (read not best). now i have myself thinking that a nice fixed length camera might be all i ever need. my wife has gotten used to shooting w/o zoom...told her you do it with the iPhone everyday. and if you are zooming to find what you want to shoot maybe you need to rethink before you shoot. worked for both of us. the only camera that comes to mind is the x100s...maybe the GR. but solid (read fast AF) is required to keep up with the little one. good low light decent high iso...the x100s worries me when it comes to video, but I'm not aware of many other fixed lens cameras that i really should consider if i sell my em10/lenses off. i mean i could just keep the em10 and a 17mm and be fairly happy. i can see the em10 does miss a little when it comes to moving limbs from the baby...

any thoughts/recommendations?

Fujifilm X100S Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow